Table of Contents
In the construction industry, rebars and TMT bars are used widely. However, binding wires play a critical role in keeping them together. Do you know what binding wires are? This article elaborates on the meaning of binding wires, their features applications and leading manufacturers.
What is a binding wire?
By definition, binding wires are thin and flexible wires. They are typically used to fasten or secure objects. More so, they are widely used in the construction industry. For example, the main purpose of binding wire is to fasten or tie rebars at joints. In other words, binding wires are designed in such a way that they are flexible enough to tie a knot, and simultaneously, have strength to secure rebar joints.
Here are some of the key features of binding wires:
- Flexibility: As mentioned earlier, binding wires are flexible and can be easily bent, twisted, or tied to fit the shape or size of the items being secured. This flexibility makes them suitable for a wide range of uses.
- Tensile strength: Tensile strength of binding wires varies depending on the material used and its gauge or diameter. Typically, high-tensile wires are used for heavy-duty applications, while lower-tensile wires are used for lighter tasks.
- Corrosion resistance: Corrosion resistance of binding wires depends on the material used for manufacturing. For example, coated binding wires offer better resistance to corrosion, hence ensuring longevity.
- Ease of use: Binding wires are easy to use whether you are securing rebar in construction, tying up plants in gardening, or bundling items for packaging.
- Versatility: Binding wires are versatile and can be deployed in various industries.
HSN code for binding wires
Harmonized System Nomenclature (HSN) code for binding wires may vary depending on the type of material used and the origin country’s customs regulations. Generally, binding wires fall under HSN code 7217.
The HSN Code 7217 broadly covers products such as wire of iron or non-alloy steel. Since binding wires are generally made of some kind of steel, they fall under this category. However, in case you are exporting biding wires, it is best to consult an expert before mentioning any HSN code on the documentation.
Binding wire availability: Sizes
Binding wires are available in different diameters. Here are some of the commonly found diameters:
Steel binding wire gauges
Binding wires without coating come in diameters from 0.16 mm to 2 mm while coated binding wires come in diameters from 0.2 mm to 2 mm. Some of the common diameters or gauges for binding wires are:
- 16 Gauge: Approximately 1.6 millimetres
- 18 Gauge: Approximately 1.2 millimetres
- 20 Gauge: Approximately 0.9 millimetres
- 22 Gauge: Approximately 0.7 millimetres
Binding wires: Pricing
The price range of binding wires is wide.
Binding wires are available from ₹50 per Kg to ₹100 per Kg.
Binding wire manufactures
Here are some of the leading binding wire manufacturers in India
- Tata Wiron (Tata Steel)
- Jindal Steel & Power
- Mahalaxmi Industries
- Precise Alloys Private Limited
- Premier Wires
- Ystematic Group of Companies
- Systematic Ltd
- Elegant Steel
- Kamdhenu Group
Binding wires: Uses
As the name suggests, binding wires are mainly for in the construction industry, however, they can also be used for other purposes. Here are some of the common uses of binding wires.
- Construction: In the construction industry, binding wires are also known as rebar ties or tie wires. They are used to secure reinforcing bars (rebar) together in concrete structures such as foundations, columns, and beams. These wires help maintain the structural integrity of the concrete.
- Packaging: In packaging, binding wires can be used to secure bundles of finished products. Some of the items that are secured with binding wires include newspapers, magazines, stacks of cardboard boxes, etc. They provide a simple and effective way to keep items organised during transit or storage.
- Gardening: Often, binding wires are used to secure welded mesh or barbed wires. Moreover, they are also used to support vines in the garden. Additionally, binding wires are also used for hanging hops and vines.
- Art projects: Hobbyists and DIY enthusiasts may use binding wires for various creative projects such as creating wire art, crafting sculptures, and so on.
How are binding wires made?
The manufacturing method of winding wires may vary according to the manufacturer and the type of wire being manufactured. Broadly, here is a manufacturing method for binding wires.
Different raw materials are used for manufacturing binding wires. They include galvanised steel, plastic-coated annealed and stainless steel. Usually, the winding wires are made from steel billets.
The first step in making binding wire is known as wire drawing. With the help of the billet is pulled through several dies to reduce its diameter. This process may be repeated several times until the desired wire thickness is achieved.
Once these semi-finished wires are drawn, they undergo a process of annealing. Meaning, that the steel binding wires are heated at a certain temperature and then slowly cooled. This is a crucial method as annealing keeps binding wires flexible yet allows them to be used in various environments.
This is an optional process. As per the requirement, binding wires are either plastic-coated or painted just like colour-coated steel coils.
Binding wires are then cut as according to the required length and the spooled.
Conclusion: How to procure binding wires?
- Firstly, determine your needs. Determine the size, gauges, quantity and quality you require. Binding wires are flexible and versatile products. They usually come in standard gauges or diameters. However, if you are seeking a specific size, you can contact the manufacturer to customise them.
- It is best to contact multiple vendors and invite quotes.
- Evaluate quotes and delivery timelines from multiple vendors.
- Select the best quote that suits your needs. Understand that the lowest quote is not always the best. It has to meet quality various requirements such as quality standards, delivery timelines, and so on.
- Tata nexarc offers the best quality steel at competitive pricing. It also offers easy door-to-door delivery. You can easily place an enquiry with details of the products and quantity you require. You will get quotes from multiple authorised vendors, select the best quote and get doorstep delivery. Get a quote now.