Table of Contents
As you already know, GeM portal is an online platform hosted by the Government of India to help businesses apply for government tenders. To use this platform GeM portal login is mandatory for all businesses.
Obtaining GeM portal login ID and password
You can log into GeM portal only after becoming a registered user of the platform. This means that first you will have to complete the GeM registration process to successfully log into the platform. Let us have a look at the registration process before we jump into GeM portal login.
Steps to register on GeM portal:
- Visit GeM portal
- Click on the ‘Sign up’ button located on the right-hand side homepage
- Select ‘Seller’
- Click on ‘Review terms and conditions’
- Read the terms and conditions that appear on the next page
- Check the box labelled ‘I have read and agree to the terms and conditions of GeM’
- Proceed to fill in the organisation details that appear on the next page
- Select ‘Organisation/business type’ (proprietorship, partnership, etc.) from the drop-down menu and fill in your ‘Organisation/Business name’
- Reenter the business name to ensure that it is correct with the right spelling (The name cannot be edited once it is saved)
- Click on ‘Next’
- Fill in ‘Personal Verification’ section that appears on the next page
- Fill out your phone number in the mobile number column and complete OTP verification
- Fill out the ‘email verification’ section on the next page and repeat OTP verification
- Carefully complete the ‘User credentials’ page by filling in the User ID and password that you will use for logging into GeM portal (This is the GeM portal login ID and password which you must note down)
- Fill out the PAN verification section that appears on the next page
- Fill out the company details on the next page (This will include questions like ‘Are you a startup?’, ‘Are you registered with MSME as a Micro Small and Medium Enterprise?’, ‘Do you want to participate in a bid?’, etc.)
- Complete the form that appears asking for bank account details. This is the account that you will receive money into after participating in bids or through direct purchase orders.
- Declare your e-Invoice compliance in the next step by providing your turnover in the past three years.
This completes the mandatory fields if the registration form.
During the final step there will be a column labelled ‘Specific category excluded from compliance to e-Invoicing as notified’. This is asking you whether you are exempt from the e-Invoicing rule. You must click on no if you are exempt from e-Invoicing rule.
After completing the mandatory fields, you can proceed to filling in the optional sections like tax assessment, startup, MSME, etc. Once you finish filling in the optional details you are required to pay caution money. The amount of caution money is unique to each business and depends on your annual turnover. The payment completes the process of seller registration on GeM portal.
GeM portal login
Once you have completed the registration process you can login to the GeM portal using the GeM portal user ID and password that you have noted down while entering your user credentials during the registration process.
Follow the steps below to login to GeM portal:
- Visit GeM portal
- Click on the ‘Login’ option located on the right-hand side of the homepage next to the ‘Signup’ option
- Enter User ID and password
- Click on the ‘Login’ button
Documents required for GeM portal registration
The GeM registration process will also ask you to furnish a few documents to verify the information you have entered and authenticate the validity of your business. Have a look at the GeM portal registration documents required:
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- GST certification
- ITR for the past two years
- MSME registration certificate (if applicable)
- Startup India registration (if applicable)
GeM portal customer care
If you are facing any problems with the registration and the login process you can contact the GeM portal customer care. The easiest way is to utilise the GeM chatbot GeMmy, available 24×7, to assist businesses with queries like how to register on the portal, raise a ticket or service offerings.
You can also try calling GeM portal helpline toll-free numbers or mail them your query at helpdesk-gem.gov.in. If you don’t get a reply to your complaint through calls and emails from the GeM portal support team, you can consider registering your complaint by raising a ticket for a comprehensive resolution. Simply click on the ‘Raise a Ticket’ tab on the top right corner and furnish the details being asked.
Alternatively, you can connect through their social media handles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Koo.
The login process mentioned above is for sellers, businesses who are looking to sell their products to government entities. Government entities who are looking to buy products from the GeM platform must select the option ‘Buyer’ from the Sign-up dropdown menu and furnish details being asked.