There has been a significant shift in the Indian roofing industry from conventional options like tiles to more value-for-money steel roofing solutions. The growth in industrial applications is a major cause for the same. This shift has created a huge demand for different kinds of sheets for protecting the roof in domestic, commercial, and industrial institutions. One of the best options that is available in the market is corrugated roof sheets – distinguished by its unique wavy design and its versatile uses.
What are corrugated roof sheets?
Corrugated roof sheets are fast becoming one of the most popular roofing solutions and can be distinguished by the repetitive folds on their surface. The unique shape of the sheets offers years of reliable utility and greater strength. The corrugated design on the sheets with ridges and grooves make them stronger and durable. Therefore, these wavy construction of corrugated rood sheets makes it ideal for use in smaller surface areas.
It may be noted that galvanised steel sheet usually forms the base for most types of corrugated sheets. It is usually coated by polyester paint or protected by PVC Plastisol. Polyester painted sheets are usually used in agricultural buildings for its medium-length lifespan and economic efficiency. On the other hand, PVC Plastisol coated corrugated sheets comprise steel sheets treated with primer paint and PVC rolled on their surface. These roofing sheets are very durable lasting for around 25-30 years.
In terms of corrugated sheet thickness, these roofing sheets are available in 3 gauges – 0.42, 0.48 and 0.60. While 0.42BMT is used mainly for domestic roofing, the 0.48BMT is more popular for commercial applications. Out of the three 0.60BMT is the heaviest and strongest of all.
In India, regular corrugated sheet price is in the range of ₹250/square meter to ₹500/square meter.
What are the benefits of corrugated sheets?
Corrugated steel roofing sheets are now a popular option for many businesses and private homeowners. The five major benefits of using corrugated metal roof sheets and why they make a better option are given below:
- Prevents water build up: Due to the unique shape, corrugated roof sheets help water run downwards and keeps your roof top clear.
- Durable: A corrugated roof sheet that is made from metals like steel or aluminium lasts for years and needs very little maintenance apart from a coat of paint occasionally.
- Lightweight: Apart from being durable, these sheets are also lightweight making it easier to handle and install. It also does not increase the weight of the building structure.
- Withstand weather conditions: Equipped to survive all weather conditions, corrugated sheets provide a protective barrier to your establishments and never rusts.
- Rot resistant: Unlike most roofing material, corrugated metal roof sheets do not rot. Most metal sheets are also protected with a layer of chemicals to stop the formation of algae.
What are the types of corrugated roofing sheets?
Corrugated root sheets provide an environment-friendly option to businesses to use as roofing solutions. There are several types of corrugated sheets that you can choose from. The four types are highlighted below:
- Galvanised steel sheet: A carbon steel sheet coated with zinc, these corrugated sheets can either be used bare or painted.
- Polyester painted sheets: Mostly used for agricultural structures, these sheets need to be maintained every five or ten years.
- PVC Plastisol: A steel sheet that is treated with a primer paint and rolled in PVC, this type of sheets is used for its durability and is expected to last up to 30 years.
- Bitumen: These corrugated roofing sheets are made from bitumen. It is waterproof, long-lasting, and highly durable.
To sum up: How to start a business for corrugated roof sheets
The corrugated roof sheet sector is a booming industry with an ever-present demand from commercial, industrial and agricultural sector consumers. While this business requires a heavy investment, it has minimal maintenance cost and a profit margin between 60%-80% annually.
If you’re interested in learning more about procurement of corrugated roof sheet, you can reach out to service providers like nexProcure who will help you resolve the challenges involved in procurement and help you to obtain raw materials at competitive prices.
It may be mentioned that nexProcure is an online platform for procuring raw material from trusted sellers at the best prices with attractive credit options. Equipped with a wide supplier network of verified sellers, it not just offers you the best prices for your raw material requirements but also attractive credit assistance for purchasing raw materials.
Also Know: Latest Steel price in India Today, Stainless steel roofing sheets