Table of Contents
As a business owner, if you are considering e-tendering as a way to grow your business, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited or ONGC tenders can be a great place to begin. ONGC is India’s largest oil and gas explorer and producer owned by the government, and every year it announces numerous ONGC e tenders for procurement of goods and services. It’s also one of the profit-making PSUs in India.
In this article, we will help you learn more about the ONGC tender portal, the login process, vendor registration, how to find tenders, bid submission and more.
ONGC tender portal: An overview
The online tender portal keeps the tendering process transparent, quick and efficient. There are clear deadlines and processes for tender submission and all eligible bidders can get access to the right information required for tender application.
To view ONGC tenders, you can visit ONGC’s official website: ongcindia.com/
Click on ‘Tenders’ option next to the search box. This will open in a new tab that will take you to the tenders portal page: tenders.ongc.co.in/
You can explore the main menu section to learn more about Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited or check relevant tenders for your business.
How to find ONGC tenders online?
You can find ONGC e tenders on the official website. Follow the steps below to find e tenders ONGC:
- Visit ONGC tenders online page: ongc.co.in/
- Scroll the page to view the ‘Latest Tender’
- Click on the tender you want to view or click on ‘View More’
- View the list of ONGC etenders by tender number, tender description, tender type, location, and date uploaded
ONGC tenders current NITs
If you scroll the page further, you will find ‘Current NITs’/Notice Inviting Tender and E-Gas Tender. In both cases, you can click on ‘View More’ to view the list of relevant ONGC tender notices.
- For ONGC tenders current NIT, click on Current NITs and page will open to a new page
- You can view the list of ONGC current NITs with details like tender number, tender description, tender type, location, and uploaded date
- Click on the tender description to view ONGC tender details
- To download the tender notice or NIT for Tenders document, scroll to the bottom of the page for ‘Download’
You will also find ‘Limited Tenders’ in this section, along with ‘Expression of Interest.’
How to register on ONGC tender portal?
To register on the ONGC tender portal you will need to visit the e-tender homepage: tenders.ongc.co.in/
Follow the steps below:
- Scroll the page to the ‘Members Login’ section
- Click on ‘New User’ to open the ONGC user registration page
- Fill in the requested details (ensure all fields marked as mandatory with * are filled in)
- Enter the captcha and click on ‘Submit’ to submit your request for registration
Form fields for ONGC e tender registration:
The form for registering on ONGC tender portal requests specific details about your business. It is recommended to have the main business details handy to ensure that no essential detail is missed out.
- Basic details – Name and Job Title
- Business details – Company Name, Address, City, State, Country, Zip Code
- Contact details – Phone, Fax, Email, Website
- Primary Business – Authorized Distributor, Authorized Dealer, Authorized Supply House, Sole Selling Agent (check the option best suited to you)
- Non mandatory fields – Indian Agent (open), Foreign Collaboration/ Joint Venture (open), Manufacturer (open), Others (open – for Others, further details to be furnished)
- Brief Description of Business Area
- Other details – Name of CEO, Turnover (in US$), No. of Employees
- Interest (mandatory) – Category, Tender Originating Location (select from options provided)
- Account Information (mandatory) – Login Name (this is your email id), Password, Confirm Password
How to login to tenders ONGC website?
Once you have created your profile you can login to your profile using the credentials you have created.
- Visit the tenders ongc co in webpage
- Scroll to the ‘Members Login’ section
- Enter your Login ID and Password
- Enter the captcha provided and click ‘Sign In’
If you cannot remember your password, use the ‘Forgot Password’ option.
Once you login to your profile you use the edit profile feature to modify details entered in your profile. Remember, this relates to business information only. If you have shortlisted any tenders, you can view them in the profile section.
How to register as an ONGC vendor?
The ONGC vendor registration process is simple, straightforward and can be done online. Ensure that you have all the relevant documents in digital format to facilitate quick upload when prompted. Note, this is different from the poral registration for ONGC e tender registration.
Steps to supplier/vendor registration process for ONGC
- Visit the e-procurement page for ONGC: ongc.co.in/irj/portal
(Note: If you are on the etender ONGC page, scroll down to the e-Procurement section on the left side. You can click on this link for ongc tenders e procurement and it will take you to the e-procurement page.)
- Existing vendors can use their User id and Password (mandatory) to login
- New users can click on ‘New Bidder? Apply for Access Authorization’ to create a profile
- This will open an online form ‘ONGC E-Procurement access authorization’
- Fill in the form across the various categories mentioned: Company Details (i.e., legal name of company, PAN, VAT, ONGC vendor code, Language), Address Data (i.e., Email, Authorized person name, mobile number, postal address, currency, industry, country), Which Product Categories can you Deliver, Data Privacy Statement (and any other terms and conditions)
- Upload under ‘Attachment’ the requested documents: Scanned copies of certificate of incorporation, PAN card, GST, Udyog Adhar registration certificate (Learn how to download MSME certificate)
- Click ‘Submit’
- Wait for the confirmation of document submission and application and the acknowledgment reference number
- User id credentials are usually generated within 4-5 working days post verification of documents submitted
- There are fields marked as mandatory with *. Ensure you fill them without fail.
- Email should be a business email address
- Overseas applications will have to confirm permanent establishment in India
- If MSE registration certificate is being submitted, it must be issued by an authorised agency, e.g., Coir Board, Khadi and Village Industry Board, National Small Industries Corporation, the Directorate of Handicrafts and Handloom, etc. (Also read about the Coir Industry in India and the handloom industry in India)
How to bid for ONGC e tenders?
Writing a tender proposal is one of the most crucial steps in bid submission. We recommend this template as a checklist for submitting tender response as handy document for reference. The important thing to remember for ONGC tender submission is that:
- The process is usually similar across portals
- You may need specific system configuration or technical settings
- Keep to the timeline as late submissions are not accepted
- To apply for ONGC e-procurement bids, you will need a valid Class III Digital Signature Certificate and will have to instal the Signer tool
- Once you log in to the e-procurement page, you will be able to view the list of bid invitations
- Go through the list to identify the ones relevant to you and click on it to open the invitation (RFx number)
- To express interest in a particular bid, click on ‘Register’
- You will need to confirm that you have read the pre-qualifications and are eligible for the bid
- Once done, your registration for the bid is done and you will need to refresh the page
- Click on ‘Create Response’ to prepare a tender quote for the bid (Financial Bid)
- A response number will be created and you can click on ‘Edit’ to continue
- Enter the details such as answers to questions (Y/N, text, value), currency details, items etc.
- At this stage the DSC will have to be uploaded
- Later, select Technical RFx Response to submit the technical documents
- Once all documents are uploaded click on ‘Check’ to run a basic check that all fields have been filled and documents shared
- Click on ‘Submit’ to complete the bid submission process
- Once submitted, refresh to check the status and log out and close the application
Getting started with Oil and Natural Gas bids
If you want to apply for ONGC tender bids, understand that you must prepare your tender proposal thoroughly. ONGC is one of the most popular PSUs that announces tenders and is considered a lucrative opportunity for businesses to bid.
If your tender application got rejected, it’s important to understand the reasons why your bid proposal got rejected. There can be many reasons. For instance, you application was not written entirely in the preferred language, i.e., English. Or you missed to submit certain drawings or experience certificate. In general, it is advisable to understand the reasons for rejection so that you don’t make the same mistakes again. ONGC usually sends a response as to why your tender application got rejection. In general, keep these points in mind when applying for government tenders to increase chances of winning tender contracts.
This article is for information only. Readers/Bidders are requested to visit ONGC’s official e-tendering website portal for more information and clarity.