The government of India recognises importance of MSMEs in many ways. One of such ways is National Award for MSMEs. It is a token for consistent efforts and quality. Let’s learn more about National Awards for MSMEs, its categories, past winners and some frequently asked questions.
National Awards and its categories
In order to appreciate, the efforts of the best performing micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), Development Commissioner, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises confer National Awards on deserving MSMEs. These awards are given to companies in manufacturing as well as service industry. A National Level Selection Committee (NLSC) selects the deserving enterprise in the below categories:
- National Awards for Product/ Process Innovation
- National Awards for Outstanding Efforts in Entrepreneurship (Manufacturing)
- National Awards for Outstanding Efforts in Entrepreneurship
- National Awards for Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- National Awards for Quality Product
- Outstanding Performance Awards to the MSME Department of the State/UTs
National MSME Awards winners list 2022
Here is a category wise list of National Award winning MSMEs in 2022. These awards are given in the segments of manufacturing, service and special categories like divyang, SC/ST led enterprises, etc.
Here is a list of companies which won the National Award in 2022.
Category: National Awards for Manufacturing Entrepreneurship (micro enterprises)
- First prize: Sowparnika Thermistors and Hybrids Pvt. Ltd.
- Second prize: N. Spice Industries, Sreebhadra Paramparya Chikilsalayam and Solitaire Overseas
- Third prize: Axiom Ayurveda Private Limited
Category: National Awards in manufacturing (small enterprises)
- First prize: Ramani Precision Machines Pvt. Limited
- Second prize: Neogi Technologies and Research Pvt. Ltd.
Category: National Awards in manufacturing (medium enterprises)
Azad Engineering Pvt Limited
Category: National Awards in technology efficient manufacturing
- First prize in small enterprises: Neogi Technologies and Research Pvt. Ltd.
- First prize in medium enterprises: Carrier Wheels Pvt. Ltd.
Category: National Awards in export oriented manufacturing enterprises
- First prize (micro enterprises): ASPEN Manufacturing Co.
- First prize (small enterprises): Ramani Precision Machines Pvt. Limited
- First prize (medium enterprises): Azad Engineering Pvt. Limited
Here is a list of National Award winners in the service segment
National Award for service micro enterprises (overall)
- First prize: QMS India Limited
- Second prize: A-Z Energy Engineers Private Limited and SG & Associates
- Third prize: Amarnath Pest Management Technology and Dulhan Beauty Parlour
National Award in service small enterprises (overall)
- First prize: National Award for service entrepreneurship (overall)
- Second prize: Ruky Projects Private Limited
National Award in service medium enterprises (overall)
Medhaj Techno Concept Private Limited
National Award in export oriented service enterprises
Micro enterprises: Webskitters Technology Solutions Private Limited
Small enterprises: Advance Mechanical Services Private Limited
National Award for special category of enterprise
- First prize in women category (manufacturing micro enterprise): A. N. Spice Industries
- First prize in women category (manufacturing small enterprise): Sharma International
- First prize in women category (service micro enterprises): Prahim Investments
- First prize in women category (service small enterprises): Com Vision India Private Limited
- First prize in SC/ST category (manufacturing micro enterprise): Sreebhadra Paramparya Chikilsalayam
- First prize in SC/ST category (service micro enterprise): SG & Associates
- First prize in divyang category (manufacturing overall): Pooja Fancy and Jewellery
- First prize in divyang category (service overall): Lado Cad Technology
- First prize in North East Region (NER)
- category (manufacturing micro enterprises): N. Spice Industries
National Award to states/UTs for outstanding performance
- First prize: MSME Department, Government of Odisha
- Second Prize: Department of Industries, Government of Bihar
- Third prize: MSME Department, Government of Haryana
National Award to aspirational districts for outstanding performance
First prize: Aspirational District Virudhunagar, Government of Tamil Nadu
Second prize: Aspirational District Karauli, Government of Rajasthan
Third prize: Aspirational District Kalahandi, Government of Odisha
National Award to banks for outstanding performance
First prize: State Bank of India
Second prize: Bank of Maharashtra
Third prize: Punjab National Bank
The government of India has many ways to recognise the efforts of MSMEs. National Awards for MSMEs is one such way. Do you plan to participate in national awards too? Here are some tips for participation:
- Have a robust business plan to have consistent results.
- Learn about the eligibility criteria for National Awards and timelines.
- Fill in your submission form and submit it on time.
- Choose your category rightly.
Frequently asked questions about National Awards
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions.
What are the eligibility criteria for submitting entries for National Awards?
What is the nomination process for the National Awards?
What is the selection process for National Awards winners?