The number of MSMEs in the country are increasing and these entrepreneurs are looking to improve their skills as well their employees’ skills through various training programs. To help MSMEs with skill development the Ministry of MSME has introduced various certificate courses for MSMEs.
These are training programmes focussed on skill development in various industries like engineering, coir, khadi, etc. There are also courses for MSME GST training, MSME digital marketing training etc.
MSME skill development programs by MSME ministry
Skill training programmes are conducted by a network of institutions under the Ministry of MSME i.e., Khadi & Village Industry Commission (KVIC), Coir Board, National Small Industries Corporation Ltd. (NSIC), National Institutes for MSME (NI-MSME) and MSME – Technology Centres (TCs).
There are different courses with various levels including certificate courses for MSMEs, diploma, advance diploma, post diploma, post graduate diploma and post graduate courses offered by these institutions.
These training courses are provided under various schemes such as:
- Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) through KVIC
- Assistance to Training Institutions (ATI) scheme
- National SC/ST Hub
- Coir Vikas Yojna- Skill Upgradation & Mahila Coir Yojna, etc
- Khadi & Gramodyog Vikas Yojna (KGVY) Scheme
MSME certificate courses
Here are a few certificate courses for MSMEs organised under the purview of Ministry of MSME:
- Advanced Certificate Course in Software and Application (ACCSA)
- Duration: 6 months (6 hours/day)
- Course fees: ₹22000 (In two installments)
- Eligibility criteria: Diploma/Degree/Any Graduate/Any Stream
- Bee-keeping certificate course
Bee-keeping courses are provided by various MSME training institutes. A certified person who has a detailed knowledge of honeybee biology and an expert in the scientific practice of beekeeping will teach you the maintenance of bee colonies, colony multiplication and extraction of hive products.
- Duration – 5 days
- Course fee – ₹1500 for general candidates (Exempt for SC/ ST candidates)
- Eligibility – Anyone can apply
- Certificate course in advance machining
The course is designed for ITI pass outs (Fitter) in the areas of advanced machining. The trainees will be exposed to basic turning, milling, grinding and fitting. They will also be trained in the areas of electro discharge machining (EDM), wire cut EDM, computer fundamentals, AutoCAD, CNC turning and CNC milling, inspection, heat treatment, etc.
Trainees will be put under extensive and vigorous practical training to improve their skill. After completion of the course trainees will be able to operate all conventional machines and CNC turning & milling.
- Duration:1 Year
- Eligibility: ITI fitter
- Certificate course in heat treatment
This course will help MSMEs attain skills to work in a heat treatment unit with the capability to work with different types of engineering metals like steel with different carbon composition. You will learn to work on heat treatment of alloy steels, low carbon steel , high carbon steel, etc.
- Duration: 5 months
- Eligibility: 10th standard
- Advanced course in footwear manufacturing technology
This course is for designing, developing, and producing footwear. It involves understanding materials, manufacturing techniques, quality control, and the latest technological advancements in the footwear manufacturing industry.
- Duration – 1 year
- Eligibility – 10th standard
- Course fees – ₹72000
- Certificate course in 3D animation and special effects
As a part of the curriculum, trainees will learn Microsoft Office package for basic knowledge of computer. You will work with Adobe Photoshop to edit images, retouch and fix images using color, filter image and digital painting.
You will be also made to work on Adobe Photoshop illustrator for advance editing and graphic design. The trainees also learn videography to practice the craft of film making and video streaming with advanced features of camera.
- Duration – 2 months
- Eligibility – 10th/12th standard
Here is a list of a few other courses offered by the Ministry of MSME:
- IoT (Internet of Things) – 0.8 weeks
- Data analytics – 0.8 weeks
- DevOps certification – 0.8 weeks
- Lean six sigma – 0.8 weeks
- Safety audit training – 0.5 weeks
- Cyber security – 1 week
- Field engineer – 2 months
- Electric Vehicle – 3 months
There are numerous other MSME training programmes offered by the Ministry of MSME. Please click here to view the full list.
MSME training institutes
The MSME courses are offered through MSME training institutions established across the country. Here is a list of MSME training institutes in India:
- Central Tool Room & Training Centre, (CTTC), Bhubaneswar
- Indo Danish Tool Room, (IDTR), Jamshedpur
- Central Tool Room & Training Centre, (CTTC), Kolkata
- Tool Room & Training Centre (TRTC), Guwahati
- Indo German Tool Room, (IGTR), Aurangabad
- Indo German Tool Room, (IGTR), Indore
- Indo German Tool Room, (IGTR), Ahmedabad
- Central Institute of Hand Tools (CIHT), Jalandhar
- Central Institute of Tool Design (CITD), Hyderabad
- Institute for Design of Electrical Measuring Instruments (IDEMI), Mumbai
- Electronics Service & Training Centre (ESTC), Ramnagar
- Process and Product Development Centre (PPDC), Agra
- Fragrance & Flavour Development Centre (FFDC), Kannauj
- Central Footwear Training Institute (CFTI) Agra
- Central Footwear Training Institute (CFTI) Chennai
- Process cum Product Development Centre (PPDC), Meerut
- Central Tool Room (CTR), Ludhiana
- National Institute for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (NI-MSME)
All the courses mentioned above are offered by these insititutions according to their expertise. For example, Central Footwear Training Institute (CFTI) Chennai offers the Advanced course in footwear manufacturing technology mentioned in the list of courses.
To apply to these courses, you must visit the websites of these institutions. You will be able to find a list of programs that each institution offers on their website and easily apply online to these courses as per the eligibility mentioned.