Table of Contents
An entrepreneur’s journey involves several high and low points. It involves making a business plan, building a marketing and branding strategy, crunching sales figures and analytics, and so on. There are however, some moments of low inspiration and motivation. Here we take a look at some powerful business growth quotes through the ages to help you stay driven when in low spirits.
These business success quotes from industry leaders are positive affirmations on inner strength, self-confidence, leadership, hard work, perseverance, and other qualities that will enable you to keep yourself and your team motivated and drive throughout the journey.
Inspiring business quotes for every entrepreneur
There is no perfect recipe for being a successful businessman nor is there a secret ingredient for success. Entrepreneurs need to believe in their dreams and have faith in their strategies and business plan to be triumphant.
Here are some of the famous quotes for business growth from well-known personalities from the past and present for every entrepreneur.
- “Arise, awake and stop not till the goal is reached.” – Swami Vivekanand
- “You can not get into the business for the fashion of it.” – Azim Premji, Wipro
- “Never start with diffidence, always start with confidence.” – JRD Tata
- Leading by example is the most powerful advice you can give to anybody. – Narayana Murthy, founder, Infosys
- “I like the impossible. There, the competition is smaller.” – Walt Disney
Motivational business quotes about learning from your mistakes
Entrepreneurship is a long and winding road. There are opportunities and challenges that test true grit and requires one to rise up to the occasion.
While there are several growth strategies that when implemented can drive business success, entrepreneurship is bumpy ride. But it is important to go on. As the Japanese proverb goes – Fall seven times and stand up eight.
Here are some motivational quotes for business growth to keep one going.
- “Ups and downs in life are very important to keep us going, because a straight line even in an ECG means we are not alive.” – Ratan Tata
- “It’s fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates, Co-founder of Microsoft
- “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” – Henry Ford, founder, Ford Motor Company
- “Do not be embarrassed by your failures. Learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Group
- “When I think about my career, my successes are built on learning from failures.” – Satya Nadella, CEO, Microsoft.
- “I never lose. I either win or learn.” – Nelson Mandela
Quotes on people and people management
One of the greatest assets of any businessman is his people/his team. In other words, success of any business involves teamwork, delegation of work, managing people and so on. Hence, it is of the utmost importance to identify the right people, acknowledge and appreciate their efforts. This is how a few great minds explain the importance of the right people and teamwork in the business.
- “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”– Helen Keller
- “If you want to walk fast, walk alone. But if you want to walk far, walk together.” – Ratan Tata
- “Incredible things in the business world are never made by a single person, but by a team.” – Steve Jobs, Co-founder, Apple.
- “Happy employees lead to happy customers, which leads to more profits.” – Vaughn Aust, COO, Gemini
- “The single biggest resource India has is people and skill.” – Uday Kotak, CEO, Kotak Mahindra Bank
- “As you get bigger, you have to learn to delegate.” – Azim Premji, Wipro
Quotes on developing business the right way
It is important to nurture and build long-term relationship with customers. Such relationships can be built upon effective ways of business communication. The big brands of today did not build their name and reputation in a day – it was built over the years through exemplary customer service, great products and services, and innovation.
Here is what entrepreneurs think about sales, numbers and business development.
- “Sell the problem you can solve, not the product.” – Anonymous
- “Never hire someone to do initial sales. In fact, you must acquire your first 100 customers yourself.” – Shashank ND, Founder, Practo
- “When you set the right targets, aspirations, and you work efficiently and diligently, the numbers happen.” – Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra & Mahindra
- “Don’t find customers for your products. Find products for your customers.” – Seth Godin
Quotes on starting a business
Just because your business is small in size, does not mean it can not grow into something big. In fact, startups start small but with the right business plans, ideas, and marketing strategies they have the potential to grow big.
Here are some of the best quotes on business growth for budding entrepreneurs to who dream big and work for it:
- “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” – Dhirubhai Ambani, Founder, Reliance Industries
- “A big business starts small.” – Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Group
- “However big or small, make it a good business, make it a clean business, and make it a business you are very proud of.”- Deep Kalra, Founder, MakeMyTrip
- “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – S. Eliot, Author
- “Do not figure out big plans at first, but, begin slowly, feel your ground and proceed up and up.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
- “A company shouldn’t get addicted to being shiny, because shiny doesn’t last.” – Jeff Bezos, Founder, Amazon
These thoughts/quotes are presented only to inspire and motivate you as a small business owner to get going.
As they say, doing business is not easy. In India, MSME businesses face multiple challenges right from starting a micro business to acquiring loans for business expansion, hiring people, gaining new customers etc. These motivational quotes are a great way to get inspired and get going.