Table of Contents
You know you are taking the right step to grow your business when you decide to apply to Maharashtra government tenders and register on the Maharashtra eProcurement portal. As per the Central Public Procurement portal homepage, Maharashtra ranked 1st for value of tenders among all states/UTs, with tenders worth ₹26,695 crores (December 2022) – (Source: CPP portal, Jan’23). In this article, we will look at how you can find and fill how to fill tender online Maharashtra, register on the Mahatenders portal (mahatenders in gov) and find tenders in Maharashtra state that meet your business needs. (Also read about how to register your business on the CPP eProcurement system portal to find tenders).
As a business owner, if you aim to begin tendering and stand a chance to win Maharashtra government contracts, then getting your business registered on the Tender Maharashtra portal (mahatenders.gov.in) is the first place to start. In this article will help you to learn:
- How to register on Mahatenders eProcurement platform
- The bidder enrolment process for Mahatenders (i.e., mahatenders.gov.in)
- How to enrol Digital Signature Certificate on Maharashtra eProcurement portal
How to find Mahatenders online?
In the state of Maharashtra, thousands of eTenders are floated every month inviting application from all eligible bidders. The mahatenders.gov.in registration process is simple, straightforward and can be done online. You will have to keep specific documents handy to ensure seamless registration.
Before discussing how to register for Tenders Maharashtra, let us understand how to find tenders in Maharastra online.
Option 1: Visit The Maharastra Govt Tenders Information System or ‘Tenders Maharashtra‘ page
- Visit the Tenders Maharashtra page: mahatenders.gov.in/nicgep/app
- Browse tenders by organisation, location, classification or any other (left panel)
- Find Latest Tenders on the homepage
- Use the Search function on the top navigation menu, or search for ‘Active Tenders’ and ‘Tenders by Closing Date’
- Click ‘Advanced Search’ option on the right panel for specific tender search
- Register your business on our platform – Tata nexarc
- Subscribe to ‘Tenders‘ and update your profile
- Get alerts on relevant Maharashtra state tenders
- Find tenders by cities (e.g., Pune tenders, Mumbai tenders, Nagpur tenders, Nashik tenders etc.)
- Find tenders by authority, industries, organisations and more
To register on mahatenders.gov.in
The Manahrashtra eProcurement portal allows all visitors to find and view tender details without registration. However, if you wish to apply for Mahatenders, you will have to complete the mahatenders.gov.in registration process and login. Here are the required steps:
- Click on ‘Online Bidder Enrollment’ on the right-hand menu
- Enter a valid email address for ‘Login ID’ and a valid mobile phone number (remember to select the country code for India +91 from the drop down)
- Ensure your email address and mobile numbers are working as OTPs, verification codes, and all future communications and notifications will be sent to them
- Fill in all details under ‘Company Details’ such as company name, registration number, registered address with city, state, postal code, type of bidder, PAN/TAN number, etc.
- Update details under ‘Contact Details’ for contact person’s name, designation, date of birth, phone number
- Check all details once (for typos or fields missed), enter the captcha, and click on ‘Submit’
- Enter the OTP received on the provided email address and mobile number
- Create a new password for your account, enter captcha, and click on ‘Submit’ to complete the Mahatender online bidder registration process
- View the message on screen confirming your registration
- Visit the homepage and click on ‘Click here to Login’ to login to your newly created account
Points to keep in mind for bidding enrolment on Mahatenders:
- Login ID once generated cannot be changed
- All mandatory fields marked as (*) must be filled
- If you had created an account previously, but do not remember the credentials, select the ‘Forgot Password’ option to continue using the same credentials
- You may use the same email address as Login ID and for correspondence
- If you check as ‘Preferential Bidder’, you get the option to select a ‘Preference Category’ from the dropdown (i.e., MSME)
- Ensure to complete the MSME registration process to avail benefits as a MSME
- For ‘Registration Number’ you may use your MSME Udyam registration number or GST number (this will be required during mahatenders.gov.in registration)
- For company ‘Legal Status’ select the suitable option from the dropdown (e.g., partnership, limited company, joint venture, etc.)
- For ‘Company Category’ select the suitable option from the dropdown (remember, if you select options for micros, small, and medium business, relevant documents/registration numbers have to be provided)
- In all cases, select ‘Others’ if you cannot find the right option for your business
- For PAN/TAN number you may enter a temporary number
- It may take a few seconds to receive the OTP (if not received on time, you will have to start again)
How to upload DSC for Maharashtra tenders online
Vendor registration on the Tenders Maharashtra platform (mahatenders.gov.in) is a crucial step in your journey. After registering your business, you can easily browse through the latest tender section to find relevant tenders, or even explore the options to filter and search for tenders by organisation, location, and classification for more tender options. Since all government tenders are available on the public domain, you can even view tender documents and download files to read. However, if you want to participate in the tender bidding process, you will have to login and upload a valid DSC class III.
DSC registration for Mahatenders eProcurement
To upload the DSC into the Mahatenders eProcurement platform you will first have to login to the platform using your login credentials (Login ID and Password) that you created when registering for Mahatenders.
To upload the Digital Signature Certificate, simply:
- Click on the ‘Signing Certificate’ option on the page (applicable if your DSC is not enrolled)
- Follow the instructions and select the suitable commands
- Select the DSC you want to upload (the DSC should be saved on your system) and click ‘OK’
- Wait for the confirmation message
Your DSC is now enrolled on the Maharashtra Government Tenders Information System portal and you can start searching for tenders and applying to the ones suitable to you.
How to apply for Mahatenders?
The next question you are likely to ask is: How to fill tender online Mharashtra portal?
The bidding process for Maharashtra tenders is simple. As a general guideline, follow the steps below:
- Complete the registration process on mahatenders in gov
- Login to your account using your credentials
- Find the tender you want to apply for
- Download the tender notice and go through the tender details
- Check tender eligibility criteria and requirements and start collating all documents required
- Pay the EMD and tender fees (if applicable), write your tender proposal and fill the BOQ without modifying it
- Review your details and upload all documents as a single file
- Click on Freeze Bid or similar to submit your tender application
You will receive a bid submission number and acknowledgement number that confirms that you application has been received.
Find Maharashtra eTenders for your business
This guide to registering for Mahatenders eProcurement should help you to get your business registered on the portal. Every month, there are thousands of new business opportunities available in Maharashtra state and bidding for the right tender can be a great way to boost your business growth.
To find a tender that matches your business need, you can use the search functionality and find tenders. You can find details on tender ID, opening and closing dates, tender fees, tender type, work description, and all information related to the tender notice that you need to start bidding for tenders.
You can also click on ‘Contact Us’ for Mahatenders contact number (i.e., 24×7 help desk numbers) for any assistance via phone or write an email. You can also read the FAQs and Bidders Manual Kit and other resources available on the eProcurement portal to help you get started with the eTendering process for Mahatenders.
(This article was originally published in Feb, 2023 and updated in June 2023 for relevancy)
Find answers to these popular queries on Mahatenders eProc.
What is a DSC?
Why you need a Digital Signature Certificate for eTenders in Maharashtra?
How to create login ID for Mahatenders?
- Visit 'Tenders Maharashtra page'
- Click on 'Online Bidder Enrollment'
- Fill in all the details, ensure email ID and mobile number are correct, enter captcha
- Enter OTP received, create password
- Visit 'Tenders Maharashtra page'
- Click on 'Click here to Login'
- Enter login ID created, password and captcha
- Click on 'Proceed'
How to download tender information document from Mahatenders portal?
- Open the tender details link on the website
- Scroll to the Tender Notice PDF
- Download PDF and Zip file (this will contain the BOQ)