Table of Contents
The Local Self Government Department (LSGD) is the official web portal of the local government of Kerala. There are many tasks that local government undertake such as waste management, building permits, civil registrations etc. to ensure better services and civil amenities to the public. There are LSGD tenders released by the government accordingly from time to time to procure goods and services. With a lsgkerala tender login profile therefore, you can find and apply for tenders by LSGD Kerala government.
On that note, let us learn more about lsgd tender Kerala and how you can begin your online tendering journey with it.
LSGD Kerala – lsgkerala tender login and registration process
Local governments often release tender notices to encourage more regional businesses to participate. For example, PMC tenders announced by the Pune Municipal Corporation is a promising way for small and medium businesses to explore local tendering opportunities.
Similarly, the Local Self Government Department (LSGD) of Kerala government publishes tenders for businesses of all sizes to participate.
- To begin, visit the Kerala Local Self Government Department’s official website: //lsgkerala.gov.in/en/
The website is available in two languages – Malayalam and English. You can select your preferred language.
Tender lsgkerala gov in login admin:
- To log in to lsgkerala.gov.in, click on the ‘Login’ button on the top right.
This will take you to the login page: //lsgkerala.gov.in/en/user/login
You can use your credentials ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ to login to the platform.
How to find lsgd tender Kerala – Simple, easy steps to follow
To find lsgd tenders Kerala, you do not have to login to the portal. The government, in its attempt to make tendering transparent and fair for all now has all their tenders published online on the eProcurement System official website.
You can find the latest tenders for Kerala local self-government in these ways:
- From the menu option – Resources >>Tenders
- From the footer option – e-Tenders
- From the eServices option – eServices >> eGovernance services >> Tenders / e-Tenders
Find Kerala LSGD tenders from homepage menu
When you visit the Kerala LSGD homepage, you can browse the top menu to find tenders.
Resources >> Tenders
This will open in a new page where you can find the list of all lsgtenders, Kerala government: //tender.lsgkerala.gov.in/pages/displayTender.php
You can use the filter option on the left to filter your search or browse the list of tender notifications. A sample would look like:
|Name of the local body. Example: Vypin Block Panchayat, Cochin Corporation, Kottappady Grama Panchayat
|The tender number
|The window number
|Short description of the tender opportunity. Example: Tender Notice, public work, civil work, Re Auction, vehicle announcement
|Last date of application
You can click on the Tender Number and/or Window Number for the tender documents or tender notice related to the tender.
If you are using the dropdown filter option on the left, you can search by district, local body type or window number.
District: Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Idukki, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur, Kasargode
LB Type: District Panchayat, Block Panchayat, Municipality, Corporation, Grama Panchayat
District >> Kannur >> Search
You can view the list of Kannur local government tenders.
You can also visit the tender page for LSGD eProcurement opportunities: //lsgkerala.gov.in/ml/lsgd-related-tenders
Here you can select the specific category of tenders you are looking for and be navigated to the respective pages:
- Tenders – Local Bodies
- Tenders – DDP
- Tenders and other Institutions
Find tenders from lsgkerala.gov.in homepage footer
There’s the option to find e-Tenders on the footer. Simply scroll to the footer and click on ‘e-Tenders’.
This will navigate you to: //etenders.kerala.gov.in/nicgep/app
You can find ‘Tenders by Location’ and ‘Tenders by Organisation’ to find relevant tenders from Kerala local government.
- Tenders by Location: Click on Tenders by Location >> Enter city/location name (e.g., Cochin) and captcha code >> Click on Submit >> View list of tenders in Cochin >> Click on the suitable tender to view tender details and download tender documents
- Tender by Organisation: Click on Tenders by Organisation >> Enter tender category, product category, tender expiry and captcha >> Click on Search
Alternatively, you can browse through the list of Kerala tenders by organisation and search for details on suitable tenders.
You can explore the Kerala eProcurement registration portal to find and apply for relevant tenders.
Find tenders through eServices – Citizen Service Portal
The Citizen Service Portal Kerala offers 264 different services (associated with the local bodies) for the general public of Kerala. The public no longer needs to physically visit government buildings and can avail the services online, saving everyone time and creating transparency.
The portal offers a range of services, including eGovernance services for tendering and eTendering.
- Visit lsgkerala.gov.in/en/
- Click on the ‘eServices’ icon on top centre
You are now navigated to the eGovernance section for Citizen Service Portal page: //lsgkerala.gov.in/en/e-governance
- Scroll to e-Governance services
- Click on ‘Tenders’ – Page will open to: //tender.lsgkerala.gov.in/pages/displayTender.php
- Click on ‘eTenders’ – Page will open to: //etenders.kerala.gov.in/nicgep/app
(Details of both pages discussed in the previous section)
Quick points to keep in mind:
- To search for tenders, view tender details and download documents, you do not have to login to Kerala eProcurement
- You need to register and login to Kerala eProcurement to apply for tenders
- You will need a class III digital signature certificate to login and apply for tenders
How to apply for Kerala local government tenders?
When local governments announce tender opportunities, the goal is to encourage more businesses, especially small and medium businesses to participate in tenders. As such, the estimated value of tenders can range significantly. As a bidder, it is advisable to evaluate if your MSME has the capabilities to complete the contract on time and apply for tenders accordingly.
The online tendering process makes tendering for new businesses simple and straightforward. To apply for lsgkerala government tenders, the process is the same as any etendering opportunity:
To register on Tenders Kerala:
- Visit the official website for eProcurement system of Government of Kerala (Tenders Kerala)
- Click on ‘Online Bidder Enrollment’ on the right
- Complete the form for online bidder enrolment by entering all requested details (note: ensure you are using an active email address and mobile phone number as all OTPs and other communications will be shared there)
- Click ‘Submit’ and enter the OTP received
- Create a password for the profile
To log in to Tenders Kerala:
- Click on ‘Click here to Login’
- Enter your user login details i.e., Login ID and Password
- Map your Class III DSC if not done already
To prepare for lsgkerala government tenders:
- Read the tender documents in detail (Note: the tender notices are often available in the local language, i.e., Malayalam)
- Evaluate your business’s eligibility i.e., check qualifications required, documents required, technical skills, timelines, financial requirements, tender fees and earnest money deposit security, requirements of any certifications (e.g., ISO certification in tendering), work experience details etc.
- Collate all documents, prepare your tender proposal, pay up the required fees, cross-check details for consistency, prepare a competitive tender quote, highlight your strengths and write the tender submission cover letter, if required
- Upload all documents and receipts in the requested format and click on ‘Freeze’ to complete the tender application process
You can refer to a tender response checklist to ensure you don’t miss out on key requirements.
LSGD tenders Kerala gov is an opportunity for all businesses to explore government contracts. Tendering is a smart way for businesses to explore new opportunities for growth. As a MSME, when you win a government tender, your brand builds credibility for itself. Moreover, it creates a steady flow of income for your business.
Note: This article is for information only. All are requested to visit the official government portals for the latest updates.