Table of Contents
Engineers India Limited (EIL) is a leading global engineering consultancy and EPC company. It was established in 1965 to help provide engineering and other related technical services. This particularly includes petroleum refineries, oil, gas, and other industrial projects. However, it is diversified into various sectors including water, water management, infrastructure, solar and nuclear power, etc. It is now said to be a ‘Total solutions’ engineering consultancy company as it offers many different services from various sectors that include, design, construction, management, procurement etc. And thus, help in increasing the tender opportunities in India.
Currently, there are approximately 3,288 active EIL tenders in India, which covers a wide range of services. Usually, these tenders are published on their official EIL e-procurement website and other public procurement platforms, as well as private companies. On that note, let’s take a closer look at the meaning of EIL tenders, how you can register to the official EIL e-procurement portal, the application process, how to log in and more.
What are EIL tenders?
Engineers India Limited (EIL) tenders refer to the formal invitations or announcements by Engineers India Limited. They invite bids or proposals for various projects, services, or procurements. EIL, a public sector undertaking by the Government of India under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, is primarily involved in the fields of engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) in the oil and gas and petrochemical industries. The tenders they issue are a significant part of their procurement and project execution strategy.
EIL tender: Supplier/vendor registration process
Here’s the step-by-step guide to register as a vendor with Engineers India Limited (EIL:
- Visit the official Engineers India Limited Tender Portal at- https://tenders.eil.co.in/newtenders/
- On the left side of the page, you will find ‘E-procurement Portal,’ click on that
- Now, you will be redirected to CPPP official portal (https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app)
- Here, under the login button, select the ‘Online Bidder Enrollment tab’
- Fill in the mandatory details in the online form (fields marked with a red asterisk are compulsory)
- Indian bidders must provide a PAN number, while foreign bidders need to specify their country name (PAN not required)
- After form submission, you’ll receive an activation request email
- Review your details under ‘Bidder Enrollment Acknowledgement’
- Now, click on ‘Send Verification Code’
- Create a new password using the code received via email.
- Log in again with the new password to confirm registration.
- This process will register you as a Vendor/Supplier on EIL.
How to login to EIL e-procurement website?
Once you have registered on the EIL portal, you can login using the credentials you have created.
- Visit the tenders eil co in webpage
- Scroll to the ‘Supplier/Contractor login’ section
- Enter your Login ID and Password
- Enter the verification code (captcha) provided
- Click ‘Sign In’
Note: In case you cannot remember your password, please use the ‘Forgot Password’ option to reset your password.
Common documents required for suppliers in India
Here’s a list of common documents required to become an EIL supplier in India:
- Environmental Management System certification required.
- Complete and upload the Form PDD-A-01.
- Complete and upload the Form PDD-I-02.
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Detailed supplier profile
- PAN certificate
- Memorandum & Article of Association
- Organisation chart: A clear depiction of your company’s structure.
- Audited annual reports: Include reports for the past 3 financial years.
- HSE policy: Your Health, Safety, and Environmental policy document.
- GST certificate
- Manufacturing facilities (i.e., work-wise details):
-In-house: Details on capacity and range.
-Outsourced: Include capacity and range details.
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System Certification (ISO-45001
- ISO certificate (ISO 9001): Provide your quality management system certification.
Common terminologies used under EIL
Here’s a list of some of the common terminologies used under EIL tenders:
|EIL||Engineers India Limited|
|EPC||Engineering, Procurement & Construction|
|HSE||Health, safety & Environment|
|IBR||Indian Boiler Regulations|
|IEC||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|LNG||Liquified Natural Gas|
Types of EIL projects/ services
Here are a few types of projects and services listed in these tenders:
- Engineering projects: These tenders are for engineering services. And especially includes tenders from the oil and gas sector. There are wide range of such tenders which involves around design and engineering, project management, feasibility studies, design and engineering, implementation of complex engineering projects, etc.
- Procurement services: These tenders are required for vaious projects for the procurement of goods and materials. It includes, anything from raw materials to specialised equipment and machinery.
- Construction and commissioning: These tenders involve the actual construction work of projects, including civil, mechanical, and electrical works, the commissioning of the completed facilities, etc.
- Maintenance and turnaround services: These tenders involves services including maintenance, repair, overhaul of existing facilities, etc. It also includes turnaround services, which are critical in the oil and gas sector for ensuring efficient and safe operations.
- Consultancy services: These tenders includes services such as environmental consultancy, safety management, financial advisory services, etc.
- Information Technology (IT) services: These tenders includes services such as software development, IT infrastructure setup, and cybersecurity services.
- Research and Development (R&D) projects: These tenders include services particularly in areas, such as, energy, oil and gas exploration, petrochemical processes and so on.
Financial analysis of EIL tenders
|Indicator||CAGR 3 years||CAGR 5 years||Mar ’23||Mar ’22||Mar ’21||Mar ’20||Mar ’19||Mar ’18|
|Book value per share annual (₹)||-2.90%||-1.20%||34.9||31.5||31.1||38.1||37.1||37|
|ROA annual %||-1.70%||-1.50%||7.89%||3.33%||5.60%||8.31%||7.75%||8.49%|
|ROE annual %||0.10%||1.50%||17.65%||7.88%||14.21%||17.61%||15.74%||16.37%|
|ROCE annual %||-7.30%||-1.70%||22.46%||25.24%||29.15%||28.21%||24.37%||24.47%|
EIL address and contact details
Here’s are the details of EIL’s address and contact
Engineers India Limited.
(A Government of India Enterprise)
Registered & Head Office:
Engineers India Bhawan,
Bhikaji Cama Place,
Tel: 011- 26762121
Fax: 011- 26191714
This article is for information only. For detailed information or additional clarity, readers/bidders are requested to visit the official EIL e-procuremnet portal.