Table of Contents
The concept of a village council or gram panchayat is not uncommon in India. Established across most Indian states, the Panchayat Raj system is tasked with several administrative activities in the village such as maintenance and repair of roads, installation of street lamps, construction of bridges and dams, school buildings and more. Village panchayat tenders therefore are commonly floated to ensure that all activities are carried out seamlessly in time. In this article, we will take a look at e tender gram panchayat – what it means, where to find them, common gram panchayat tender lists, and state wise tenders for gram panchayat.
E tender gram panchayat meaning
In India, Rajasthan was the first state to establish gram panchayats. Today, there are about 250,000 gram panchayats across the country. The head of the Gram Panchayat or Sarpanch is an elected member and chair the village council meeting. Gram Panchayats are further divided into wards.
Gram panchayat e tenders therefore refer to the tender notices announced by the individual gram panchayats for the procurement of goods and services. Since gram panchayats are held at the village and state/district level, these tender advertisement announcements are made on state tender portals.
For instance, to view the list of gram panchayat tender notice in Karnataka, you can visit: rdpr.karnataka.gov.in/page/Tender/en
Where to find gram panchayat tender list?
As mentioned previously, gram and zilla panchayat tenders can be found on individual state tender portals. Alternatively, you can visit us on Tata nexarc’s Tenders section and search for e tenders gram panchayat.
Some of the tender authorities you can explore are:
- Department of Panchayat Raj tenders – https://www.tatanexarc.com/sell/tenders-list/?tenderingAuthority=Department-of-Panchayat-Raj
- Rural Development Department tenders – https://www.tatanexarc.com/t/authority/rural-development-department-rdd-tenders/
- Village Panchayat tenders – https://www.tatanexarc.com/t/authority/village-panchayat-vp-tenders/
- Zilla Parishad tenders – https://www.tatanexarc.com/t/authority/zilla-parishad-zp-tenders/
With a subscription, you can search for gram panchayat tenders by state, work type, category, estimated value and other filters, get notifications on relevant tenders, and never miss a suitable opportunity.
Village panchayat tenders by state
The Ministry of Panchayati Raj was created in 2004. Currently it oversees all matters related to the Panchayati Raj and the institutions related to it.
You can learn more about it on their website: panchayat.gov.in/about-department/introduction/
Villages however have their own gram panchayats and tender opportunities for the same can be found on individual state e procurement portals. Let us take a look at some of the state e tender gram panchayat opportunities.
West Bengal gram panchayat tender
The eastern state of West Bengal has over 3300 gram panchayats, based out of its different districts (under district panchayats). While some districts are small, there are districts like Bankura (197), Hooghly (207), Murshidabad (250), Nadia (185), North 24 Parganas (200), Purba Medinipur (223), South 24 Parganas (310) that have several gram panchayats under them. Quite naturally, there are numerous West Bengal gram panchayat e-tenders that are published, available for those keen to exploring tender opportunities.
Note: If you are looking for WB tenders, visit the Tenders section on Tata nexarc.
Where to find West Bengal gram panchayat tender?
You can visit the WB Panchayat & Rural Development page (wbprd.gov.in) to begin. However, this is an old page and you will be requested to be directed to the new Egiye Bangla website which is the new page for the Department of West Bengal Panchayat and Rural Development.
- Visit Department of Panchayats & Rural Development (Government of West Bengal) website: //prd.wb.gov.in/
- View the main menu and click on ‘PRD Tender’
- Browse through the list of WB gram panchayat tenders with details on tender number, published date, last submission date, and more.
- Click on the download icon under ‘Action’ tab to view the gram panchayat tender NIT
Alternatively, you can also visit the eProcurement System page for the Government of West Bengal and find the relevant tenders:
- Visit the WB eProcurement System page: //wbtenders.gov.in/nicgep/app
- Click on ‘Tenders by Organisation’ on the left panel
- Scroll to ‘Panchayat and Rural Development’ and ‘Zilla Parishad’ to find the relevant tender opportunities.
Note: The process to register for WB eProcurement portal for village panchayat tenders is similar to the registration and login process to CPPP portal.
What kind of e-tenders for gram panchayat in West Bengal is available?
The gram panchayat eProc opportunities available vary from time to time. Some of the common categories of work relate to:
- Maintenance and repair, upgradation of road,
- Construction of roads and bridges, drains, etc.
- Installation of drinking water stands, constructing new tube wells and water tanks, etc.
- Construction of toilets, community sanitary complex, etc.
Maharashtra gram panchayat tender
When it comes to gram panchayat tender notice announcements, not all states have the same system. It’s therefore recommended that you check tender notice announcements by other departments if you don’t find any new village panchayat tender notices.
For the state of Maharashtra, you can check relevant tender announcements from other departments, e.g., PWD tender notices to stay updated on work for gram panchayats.
Where to find Maharashtra gram panchayat tender list?
To find Maharashtra village panchayat tender list, consider the following options:
- Visit the Rural Development & panchayat Raj Department (Government of Maharashtra) official website for tenders: //rdd.maharashtra.gov.in/en/tenders
- Visit the Tenders Maharastra eProcurement page and select ‘Tenders by Organisation’: //mahatenders.gov.in/nicgep/app?page=FrontEndTendersByOrganisation&service=page
Browse through the list of tenders by organisation for ‘RDD-CEO-<location>’. Based on the location you are targeting, you can find the list of Maharashtra gram panchayat tenders (e.g., Nashik, Pune, Jalgaon, Hingoli, Aurangabad, Satara, Yavatmal, etc.)
Note: You can learn more about Mahatenders portal login and registration process to get started on your tendering journey.
What kind of gram panchayat e-tender Maharashtra can be found?
The RDD/gram panchayat in Maharashtra have tender opportunities across several categories of work, each with their own specific requirements, estimated tender value, and due dates. Some of the popular gram panchayat e procurement tender requirements are:
- Drainage systems, solid and liquid waste water management, sanitation and waste management, public toilet block construction, providing R.O. systems, etc.
- Road construction, building repair and maintenance, compound wall construction, shed construction, sabha mandap construction, etc.
- Infrastructure projects, e.g., erecting LED street light fitting, providing solar Hi Mast light, pipeline work, etc.
You can alternatively find city-wise Maharashtra state tenders on the Tata nexarc portal and filter your search by village panchayat, RDD, public works department and more.
Also read: Civil work tenders – Eligibility, documents required, and how to prepare a tender response.
Gram panchayat tender UP
The panchayat system in Uttar Pradesh is similar to other states in India and is divided into a three-tier system – district panchayat (75), area or block panchayat (820+), and gram panchayat. You can visit the official website to learn more about the UP panchayat system, the schemes available, training institutions, contact information, latest news and events and more. Visit: //panchayatiraj.up.nic.in/default
Where to find gram panchayat tender UP?
Uttar Pradesh was one of the top states in India for government tenders in 2023. There were several gram panchayat tender for Uttar Pradesh that were announced by the Panchayat Raj Department for eligible bidders to bid for.
To find UP gram panchayat, zilla panchayat or block panchayat tenders, consider the following options:
- Visit the ‘Panchayati Raj Department – Uttar Pradesh’ website and scroll to ‘Tenders’ on the left panel: //panchayatiraj.up.nic.in/
- Visit the ‘Tenders Uttar Pradesh’ eprocurement page and click on ‘Tenders by Organisation’ to view the list: //etender.up.nic.in/nicgep/app?page=FrontEndTendersByOrganisation&service=page
- Scroll to ‘Panchayat Raj Department’ and click on the displayed tender count to view the list of latest tenders published
Note: You can also find the latest Uttar Pradesh tenders on Tata nexarc and find tenders floated by the Department of Panchayat Raj, Nagar Panchayat, and others.
What are the types of UP tenders for gram panchayat?
When you browse through the tender notices present in the UP eprocurement system’s page, there are opportunities across construction, drainage services, concrete work, civil works and others present for gram panchayats. Some of the popular work categories are:
- Road construction, road repair and maintenance, RCC and CC construction, etc.
- Building repair and maintenance, building painting work, etc.
- Drainage services, pipeline work, public toilet construction and maintenance, etc.
Also read: Tips to write proposals for construction tender projects
E tender gram panchayat Karnataka
The state of Karnataka has its own zila parishads (30), taluk parishads (170+) and gram panchayats (6000+). The panchayati system is tasked with providing the rural areas with amenities such as schools, vocational training institutions, street lights, drainage services, waste management, roads and more.
You can visit Tata nexarc for finding relevant Karnataka tenders from the Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department and others.
Where to find gram panchayat tender Karnataka?
To find Karnataka gram panchayat tenders, follow the steps below:
- Visit Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department (Government of Karnataka) official page: //rdpr.karnataka.gov.in/english
- Click on ‘Tenders’ on the main menu navigation bar
- Browse the list of tenders published to find village and block panchayat tenders matching your business needs
You can also login and register on Karnataka e-Procurement portal for state government tenders for gram panchayat.
- Visit the KPPP portal official website: //kppp.karnataka.gov.in/#/portal/portal-home
- Click on ‘Live Tenders’ and enter the captcha
- Select ‘RDPR – Rural Development and Panchayat Raj’ from the dropdown selection under ‘Procuring Entity’
- Select ‘Regular Tenders’ and click Search
- View the list of e tender gram panchayat in Karnataka (select between goods, works and services)
What are the types of e tenders for Karnataka village panchayats?
When you browse through the list of tenders for Karnataka gram panchayat, some of the popular areas of work include:
- Drinking water and sanitation, solid waste management, water quality testing, operational activities, drainage services, etc.
- Production of short videos and documentaries, construction of work shed, supply of machine and equipment, supply of furniture material, purchase of street light bulbs and electrical accessories, etc.
- Building and road construction, repair and maintenance, etc.
Importance of e tender gram panchayat
E-tendering is a way for gram panchayats to procure quality goods and services in a secure, fair and transparent manner. Based on the type of project and requirements, gram panchayats can publish a list of development requirements and procure goods/services from qualified bidders through e-tenders.
This not only helps in planning and transparency in government projects, but also provides small businesses an opportunity to start tendering. Today, SMEs and startups can participate in tenders to find new opportunities for growth. Gram panchayats have work requirements that vary in size, work experience and duration, making it possible for local businesses to participate.