Table of Contents
It’s no secret that thousands of businesses in India, both SMEs and large enterprises, apply for DVC tenders to stand a chance at winning a lucrative government project contract. DVC or Damodar Valley Corporation announces several DVC e tender opportunities every year for the procurement of goods and services. As a business owner, what you need is to understand the DVC tender details and evaluate if it’s a suitable opportunity for you and then apply for the relevant DVC tender eProcurement requirement.
In this article, we will take a look at DVC online tenders, the registration and login process for Damodar Valley Corporation eProc portal, how to apply for DVC tender 2023 and check status/results of a tender application.
How to find DVC tenders?
If you are looking for DVC procurement opportunities, there are different ways to find tenders online.
- On the official website for PSU eProcurement
- By finding procurement needs on the DVC homepage
- Through Tenders on Tata nexarc for the latest DVC e tender
Headquartered in Kolkata, DVC is one the leading PSUs in power generation. It has thermal and hydel power stations and operates out of the states of West Bengal and Jharkhand. (Also take a look at WB tenders and Jharkhand e tenders on Tata nexarc). DVC online tenders can be found for building repair, waste management services, vehicle hiring, mechanical engineering, industrial machinery components and accessories and more. Let’s understand how you can search for DVC tenders.
Find DVC tenders 2023 on the government eProcurement portal (CPPP)
You can find the latest DVC procurement opportunities and DVC tender notifications on the Central Public Procurement Portal website (Note: This is the main page and not the eProcurement System page). Follow the steps below to get started.
- Visit the official CPPP page: //eprocure.gov.in/cppp/
- Click on the dropdown in ‘Select Portal’
- Select ‘etenders for Central PSUs’ from the options available
- Open the new page: //etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
- Click on ‘Tenders by Organisation’ from the left panel
- Option 1- Scroll the list of organisations (i.e., Tender Inviting Authorities) to find ‘Damodar Valley Corporation’ and click on the tender count next to it
- Option 2- Fill in the search filters on top (i.e., Tender Category, Product Category, Tender Expire, Captcha) and click on ‘Search’ to view relevant tender list
(Also read: How to register and login to CPPP as a user)
Find DVC online tenders on the Damodar Valley Corporation homepage
Another way to find tenders from DVC is to visit their official website and browse through the ‘Procurement’ tab in the main menu for the dropdown: //www.dvc.gov.in/
- CPPP option – This will take you to the CPP portal as mentioned before
- DVC Tender Portal – This will open to a new page where you can find New NIT for DVC and tender opportunities: //www.dvc.gov.in/cms-web/tender-home
- View DVC tender documents or get more information about the tenders by clicking on ‘Details’ (against each row)
- Click on ‘All’ to find tenders by location, organisation and more e.g., Belmuri, Howrah, Jamshedpur Sub Station, Maithon, DSTPS, KTPS, BTPS etc.
- Click on ‘Search’ to enter specific filters and search for tender (e.g., location, tender type, cost, date)
Find relevant DVC tenders on Tata nexarc
You can also find the latest DVC tender notice on Tenders on Tata nexarc. With a subscription plan, you can view government tender details, get alerts and DVC tender notifications, download DVC tender documents and more. It’s simple, easy and a reliable way to stay updated and never miss a tender opportunity. Explore Tenders on Tata nexarc now.
How to register for DVC tender portal?
If you want to apply for Damodar Valley Corporation bids, you will first have to register on login to the portal. Let’s take a look at how you can register on eProc System portal for DVC e-tenders.
- Visit the eProcurement System portal page for ‘etenders for Central PSUs’
- Click ‘Online Bidder Enrollment’ to start the registration process
- Fill in the mandatory details requested – Login ID (email), mobile phone number, correspondence email (can be the same as login email)
- Add the additional details requested under ‘Company Details’ and ‘Contact Details’
- Ensure to fill in all fields marked with * as mandatory
- Enter the captcha provided, review the details and click ‘Submit’
- Enter the code for OTP based verification and create a profile password
- Wait for the acknowledgement message that your request is processed and you’ve been registered
Note: Since this portal is used by all Central PSUs for e-tendering, you can use the same login ID if you want to apply for PSU tenders other than DVC tender eprocurement.
DVC tender login – How to login to eProcurement System portal?
Once you have registered on the portal as a user, you can login to apply for tenders for DVC. Remember, on the CPPP eProc portal, you can view and download DVC tender documents anytime. But to apply, you must login and map DSC to your profile. Follow the steps below for DVC tender login:
- Visit the CPPP eProcurement System portal page
- Click on ‘Click here to Login’: //etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app?component=%24WebHomeBorder.%24WebRightMenu.login&page=Home&service=direct&session=T
- Enter your User Login details, add the captcha and click on ‘Proceed’ to login to your profile
If you are logging in for the first time, you will be asked to link your Digital Signature Certificate. DSC once linked to an account cannot be added to a different account. Also, you will need Java installed on your system. Once you log in, you will also be able to upload your important documents to your profile for quick access.
How to apply for DVC e-tenders?
To bid for DVS e tender bids, there are some basic steps you will need to follow:
Before you apply for a government tender, here’s what you need to do:
- Login to the CPPP eProc tender portal
- Explore the search options to find DVC tenders
- Check DVC tender details, i.e., type of tender (open tender), opening and closing dates, tender fees and EMD requirements etc. and decide if this is an opportunity that will be suitable for you
- Shortlist relevant DVC tender contracts and download DVC tender document (note: The tender notice document can be downloaded as a PDF file or as ZIP folder which also contains the BOQ)
- Read through the tender documents for additional information on the requirements, e.g., certifications requirements, financial and technical qualifications, work experience, and any other eligibility criteria
Tender response preparation:
Once you have shortlisted the DVC tender you wish to apply for, follow the steps below for preparing the tender response.
- Collate all the requested documents in the right format, e.g., check the file format (PDF, doc, xls, jpeg, etc.) and the file size (2 MB, 5MB etc.)
- Understand the key requirements and start preparing your response in a draft
- Review the draft for technical and financial specifications and keep it aligned to the DVC bid evaluation criteria (if available)
- Login to the DVC tender eprocurement portal and start filling in the tender application online
- Ensure to pay attention to tender fees and EMD requirements, upload the payment receipts, fill in the BOQ without modification, attach all certificates and drawings for technical bid evaluation, and necessary financial statements/documents and tender quote for financial evaluation (Note – Unless specified, DVC tender application is done online)
DVC tender bid application:
- Review your application thoroughly
- Ensure you haven’t missed uploading documents or there aren’t any typos present
- Click on the Freeze Bid CTA once you have checked all details and ready to submit your bid
- Wait for the bid submission to be accepted, take note of the acknowledgement reference number
How to register as a DVC vendor?
You can also register as a vendor for Damodar Valley Corporation on its website. The DVC vendor registration process can be done online. Follow the steps below.
- Visit the DVC website: //dvc.gov.in/
- Browse through the main navigation menu and select ‘Vendor Registration’ under the Procurement tab
- Read through the Vendor Policy and click on ‘Click Here For Online Vendor Registration’
- Select on ‘Create vendor’ to start the process (existing vendors can use their login credentials to log in to their accounts) (Note: Click on ‘User Manual’ to read through the vendor registration requirements)
- Update the details requested i.e., User name, email, phone number, PAN card details, location city and state etc.
- Click ‘Create user’ after updating the DVC vendor registration form and follow the next steps as instructed
The goal of government tendering is to enable more businesses to participate in eProcurement of goods and services. Whether it’s the GeM portal registration or on the CPPP, the process is usually simple, easy, and carried out online to keep transparency and efficiency.
As a bidder, if you are looking for state or city tenders for local and regional procurement, visit Tenders on Tata nexarc. You can find the latest tenders matching your business needs and never miss the right tendering opportunity. Explore now.