Table of Contents
If you are looking at finding relevant government tenders in Chandigarh to grow your business, this article will help you to get started. The planned city of Chandigarh is the shared capital of Punjab and Haryana state and is known for its exemplary urban planning and modern architecture. Every year, there are several government contracts announced for eligible bidders to apply for. In this article, we take a look at the Chandigarh eTender login, registration, search and application functions on the Chandigarh eProcurement Portal.
The benefits of government tendering are many. Though it may seem daunting, especially the different tender terminologies, the online tendering process makes it transparent, convenient and fair. On that note, let us get started.
How to search and find Chandigarh tenders online?
Government tendering today is an online process. All government departments, ministries and organisations are required to publish their procurement requirements online on the Central Public Procurement Portal inviting application from qualified bidders.
Here’s how to find eTenders in Chandigarh:
- Visit eProcurement System Government of India: //eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
- Visit CPPP Home: //eprocure.gov.in/cppp/
- Visit Tenders Chandigarh UT: //etenders.chd.nic.in/nicgep/app
- Visit the list of latest tenders in Chandigarh on Tata nexarc.
Search for Chandigarh state tenders on eProcurement System portal:
- Visit the eProcurement System portal – This is a common portal and you can find tenders across cities, states, industries and organisations here
- Click on ‘Tenders by Location’ on the left menu
- Enter the name of the city or location (i.e., Chandigarh) and the captcha
- Click on ‘Submit’
- View list of Chandigarh eTenders with details on opening and closing dates, organisation, tender ID
- Click on the individual tender to view details
Search for Chandigarh tenders on CPPP Home:
You can access this page by visiting the eProcurement system portal and clicking on ‘CPPP Home’ on the top menu. This will navigate you to the CPPP Home page.
- Visit the CPPP Home page
- Click on the dropdown menu and select ‘Chandigarh’
- Click ‘OK’ to proceed
- View the Chandigarh eTender page in a new window
You can follow the same process to find other state tenders and also tenders from other PSUs.
Visit Tenders Chandigarh UT page:
You can browse the Tenders Chandigarh UT page to find the latest government tenders in Chandigarh. The search functionality is similar to the eProcurement system main page.
- Visit Chandigarh Administration e-Procurement System
- Click on ‘Tenders by Organisation’, ‘Tenders by Location’ or ‘Tenders by Classification’ to find relevant tenders
- Click on ‘Active Tenders’ on the top menu and enter the Tender ID and Tender Title to find active tenders in Chandigarh
- Click on ‘Search’ on the top menu for advanced tender search (for the most relevant tenders, fill in all the relevant fields)
- View the ‘Latest Tenders’ on the homepage
In all these cases, you will have to fill in the required details to search and find relevant eTenders. Remember, this is a public portal. As such, details of the tender are readily available to all. However, to apply you will need to register on the portal and login.
Find relevant eTender Chandigarh on Tata nexarc:
There are private tendering websites that simplify the tender search process. Tenders through Tata nexarc is one such platform where you can find the latest government tenders. You can find tenders by city and state (e.g., Punjab tenders, Haryana tenders), industry, tendering authority and more.
To visit government contracts in Chandigarh state:
- Visit the Chandigarh government tenders page
- View the list of tenders
- Click on relevant tenders to view details
- Subscribe to Tenders to download documents and get support on bidding for relevant tenders
Chandigarh eProcurement portal: Registration and login
Once you have found a tendering opportunity that matches your business needs, you need to register and login to the portal to apply for it.
Chandigarh tender portal registration process:
- Visit the Tenders Chandigarh UT page: //etenders.chd.nic.in/nicgep/app
- Click ‘Online Bidder Enrollment’
- Fill in all details in the form (i.e., add email id for ‘Login ID’, valid mobile number, company details and contact details)
- Enter ‘Submit’
- Verify details using OTP received (ensure your email address and mobile number are valid and active)
- Create password
- Get confirmation on account creation
e tender Chandigarh login process:
Once you have registered your business, you will need to log in to your account to apply for relevant tenders. However, to complete the login process, ensure you have a Class III Digital Signature Certificate with you. You will need to map this to your account. There are several authorised Certifying Authorities in India through whom you can get a DSC. You will also need to have Java running on your system for the same.
To login to the Chandigarh tenders portal, follow the steps below:
- Click on ‘Click here to Login’ on the right side menu
- Enter your ‘Login Id’, ‘Password’ (created while registering) and captcha
- Click ‘Proceed’ to continue or ‘Generate/Forgot Password’ in case you have forgotten password
If your DSC is not mapped, at this point you will be asked to map your DSC to the account. Once mapped to an account, the DSC cannot be mapped to any other account.
How to apply for active tenders in Chandigarh?
Let us understand how you can apply for a tender on the Chandigarh eTender portal.
We will take the example of Chandigarh Administration tenders. There are numerous tenders published. Before you apply, check for:
- Opening and closing dates – look for tenders that come with some bandwidth for you to collate documents and prepare the proposal
- Type of tender – look for open tenders
- Tender fees and EMD amount – if you are a MSME business, EMD is usually exempted
This will help you to filter faster as you will know if you meet the basic requirements. Next, download the tender documents.
- Download the tender notice pdf – this contains all details related to the tender
- Download the BOQ excel – this is what you will have to submit with your bid proposal
- Download the zip file – this usually contains the tender notice and BOQ files
Once you have downloaded the tender notice, read it carefully. Though there is no set tender notice format, most government contracts contain some common elements/details.
- Minimum eligibility criteria
- Work experience details
- Financial strength required for undertaking the project
- List of tender documents required for submission
- Certificates of financial turnover, GST registration, EPF and ESIC registration, PAN details etc.
- Contact details for queries
The next step is to read all the requirements and collate all the required documents. It is recommended that you keep all your documents in one folder for easy access. Once you have collated the documents, work on a draft proposal.
The draft bid proposal is the skeleton to the actual tender bid. You need to add elements to it (e.g., graphs, charts, images, tables), get it reviewed and make the necessary changes. If any of your previous tender applications got rejected, you already know which areas you should focus on and strengthen. For instance, since this is an opportunity for Chandigarh Administration tenders, check if you can highlight similar experiences – i.e., either projects in Chandigarh, or projects for government entities, or projects with a similar scope of work.
You can also look at examples of winning tender bids to understand how to stand out with your bid proposal. For applying to Chandigarh state tenders, follow the below steps:
- Login to the portal using your credentials
- View the tender in question and click the CTA to proceed with bid submission
- Agree to terms and conditions, and proceed with updating your details
- Pay the tender fees and EMD (not applicable if exempted and MSME certificate is uploaded)
- Upload all documents and files in the format mentioned (usually technical documents and financial documents are uploaded as two separate covers)
- Wait to ensure that all documents and fee details are uploaded
- Click ‘Freeze’ to close the bid submission
How to check tender status on Chandigarh eProcurement portal
If you have applied to tenders in Chandigarh then it is likely you will want to check the status of your tender application.
The process is straightforward.
- Login to the platform
- Click on ‘Tenders Status’
- Search using any one filter criteria e.g., Search Criteria by Organisation name, Search Criteria by Tender ID
- Click view to see the status of your bid
FAQs on Chandigarh eTenders portal
Which are the popular Tender Inviting Authorities for Chandigarh tenders?
Some of the popular organisations or Tender Inviting Authorities are:
- eTenders Chandigarh Administration
- eTender Chandigarh Housing Board
- Chandigarh Industrial and Tourism Devp Corpn Ltd tenders
- Chandigarh Judicial Academy tenders
Why should I login to Chandigarh eProcurement portal?
The benefits of creating an account and logging into the portal are:
- You can apply for tenders you are eligible for
- You can use ‘My Documents’ to upload certificates, designs, PO details, and other commonly used documents for easy access during tender application
Are there any registration costs involved?
No, there are no registration costs involved for registering and creating an account on the Chandigarh eProcurement portal.
What should I do if I do not have a DSC?
A digital signature certificate Class 3 is needed to login to the online government tendering portal and apply for tenders. If you do not have a DSC, you can easily get one from any of the authorised Certifying Authority such as eMudhra, TCS and SafeScrpt.